Modern Berhampore emerged just after the plassey battle was over, in around 1757, when an army cantonment was built and the township grew undoubtedly around the cantonment, gradually. Later the area of the township increased and finally in 1876, by the establishment of Berhampore Municipality, the cantonment and some adjacent areas were included in greater municipal domain. Among them Saidabad in the north and Cossim bazaar in the north close east were of age old origin.

 
HAZARDURAI   EMAMBARA
 
CHARBANGLA TEMPLE   KATHGOLA TEMPLE
 
KATRA MOSQUE   GRAVE OF SIRAJUDDALLA
 
Map of Berhampore